|Artistic director:||Laurent Cuniot|
|Size:||23 "permanent" members and nearly 15 guest artists each season|
mezzo-soprano, 2 flutes, 2 clarinets, oboe, bassoon, trumpet, horn, trombone, 2 pianos, harp, percussions, 3 violins, 3 violas, 3 cellos, double bass.
Sometimes use of video, electronics and special percussions.
|Partner||SACEM – Société des Auteurs, Compositeurs et Editeurs de Musique|
|Main national repertoire|
- Georges Aperghis (Liebestod) - Pierre Boulez (Improvisations sur Mallarmé I et II / Mémoriale / Le Marteau sans maître/ Dérive 1) - Régis Campo (Pop-Art*) - Bernard Cavanna (Concerto pour violon) - Laurent Cuniot (Spring and all*, Ombrae*) - Marc-André Dalbavie (In advance of the broken time / La marche des transitoires* ) - Philippe Hurel (Figures libres / Pour Luigi) - Bruno Mantovani (D'un rêve parti / East West Suite* / La morte meditata* / Troisième round* / Danses interrompues) - Alexandros Markeas (Zapping*) - Jean-Marc Singier (Traces et strettes... / Farandoles de bribes... / Figures en phases... / s'immiscent... / Accents, dessus...*) * premiered by TM+
- Alban Berg (Kammerkonzert) - Elliott Carter (Tempo e tempi) - Jean-Luc Fafchamps (Lette soufie) - Ivan Fedele (Immagini da Escher) - Jonathan Harvey (Death of light, light of death / Song offerings/Advaya) - Simon Holt (Lilith) - György Ligeti (Kammerkonzert) - Magnus Lindberg (Quintette pour clarinette et cordes) - Jon Oyvind Ness (Interrupted cycles) - Morten Olsen (Insomnia*) - Niels Rosing-Schow (Equinoxe*/Peinture du temps/Vocabulary II) - Kaija Saariaho (Terrestre) - Arnold Schoenberg (Sérénade op.24/Pierrot Lunaire/Lied der Waltaube) - Igor Stravinsky (Dumbarton Oaks, Renard, les Berceuses du chat, l'Histoire du soldat)
* premiered by TM+
|Potential use of the Re:new repertoire|
Include some of the pieces submited in our annual concert season in la Maison de la Musique of Nanterre and why not propose it for a tour and/or in some exchange projects with other ensembles/partners in the network.
- "D'un rêve parti" - Bruno Mantovani (fl, cl, pno, vln, vla, vlc) - "Pop-Art" - Régis Campo (fl, cl, pno, vln, vla, vlc) - "Concerto pour violon" - Bernard Cavanna (violin solo and ensemble : fl, ob, 2 cl, bsn, hrn, trp., tbn., perc, 2 vln, vla, vlc, cb, accordion) - "Ombrae" - Laurent Cuniot (oboe solo and ensemble : 2 fl, 2 hrn, hrp, vln, vla, 2 vlc) - "Zapping" - Alexandros Markeas (percussion solo and ensemble : fl, 2 cl, vln, vla, vlc and video) - "Vagues se brisant contre le vent" - Edith Canat de Chizy (flute solo and ensemble : ob, cl, hrn, trp., pno, 3 vln, 2 vla, vlc, cb) - "La marche des transitoires" - Marc-André Dalbavie (oboe solo and ensemble : fl, cl, pno, hrp, hrn, 2 vln, vla, vlc, cb) - "Figures en phases, éparses, emphases, épures" - Jean-Marc Singier (pno, celesta, hrp, cymb, 2 perc.)
TM+ Orchestral ensemble for today's music Since its first concert that took place December 16th 1986 at Radio-France under the baton of Laurent Cuniot, TM+ has made a name for itself as one of the first French ensembles dedicated to contemporary and classical repertoires. With a nucleus of 23 musicians, all remarkably versatile, and around fifteen musicians who join every so often, TM+ has been developing a rigorous in-depth approach to the performance of works composed in the 20th and 21st centuries, with frequent incursions into a more distant past. Its goal is to foster a modern day ensemble that takes into account past-present relationships; that raises questions about the links between composer and musicians, and between the musicians themselves; that probes the musicians’ work tactics, as well as their individual and collective commitment. All of these concerns have an underlying emphasis: the public. A regular guest at top-notch theaters and festivals geared to creation (Cité de la Musique, IRCAM, Radio-France in Paris, Musica in Strasbourg, Les Musiques in Marseille …), TM+ also performs throughout France in numerous multidisciplinary venues as well as abroad. Beyond its frequent concert-hall performances, TM+ has devised an alternative project for music dissemination, in order to create a new framework for the encounter between the public and the music, with the composer in the role of mediator. Convinced that top-notch musicians are the best triggers for aesthetic shocks on “novice” listeners, TM+ has been increasing these music encounters by way of open-house commented rehearsals, concert-discussions, lectures…Being based in Nanterre (due to their residency at the Maison de la Musique de Nanterre since 1996) enables TM+ to reach out to those farthest away from cultural sites, and to connect with them in the heart of their neighborhoods such as in community centers and schools TM+ is supported by the French Ministry of Culture/DRAC Ile-de-France, by the City of Nanterre, The Ile-de-France Region and the Hauts-de-Seine Department. It also receives support from SACEM, SPEDIDAM, the French Music Export Offices and CultureFrance. MECENAT MUSICAL SOCIETE GENERALE is the main sponsor of TM+.
A regular guest at top-notch theaters and festivals geared to creation in France (Cité de la Musique, IRCAM and Radio-France in Paris, Musica in Strasbourg, Les Musiques/GMEM in Marseille, Printemps des Arts in Monte Carlo, Why Note in Dijon, 38ème Rugissants in Grenoble…), TM+ also performs at the Opéra-comique, Salle Gaveau, Auditorium du Louvre, Musée d'Orsay, Théâtre des Bouffes du Nord, and throughout France in numerous multidisciplinary venues (national scenes, operas and theaters).
- Brazil : Several concerts and master-classes in Porto Alegre, Campinas, Rio de Janeiro and Sociedad de cultura artistica of Sao Paolo.
- Italy : Festival Nuova Consonanza ,Villa Medici, Palazzo Farnèse in Roma, Rai Auditorium in Torino
- Danemark : Festival Music Harvest (Odense), The Royal Danish Academy of Musi, Pulsar Festival (Copenhague)
- Finland : Nordic Music Days 2008 (Helsinki). Time of Music Festival 2010 (Viitasaari)
- Switzerland : Festival Archipel (Geneva)
- Netherlands : Muziekgebouw aan't IJ (Amsterdam)
- Germany : Konzerthaus (Berlin)
- José Luis Campana / Noctal - Laurent Cuniot / 5 pièces pour Hamlet, La lice des nuits, L'exil au miroir - Bruno Mantovani / Troisième round, La morte meditata, Turbulences - Les contes de Grimm - François Paris / Sur la nuque de la mer étoilée, l'octobre seul, les 5 chants de l'ombre blanche, Roque
Since 1996, TM+ is resident at the Maison de la Musique de Nanterre, where it offers a concert season in addition to various cultural activities all over the city.
Occasional partnerships with Radio France (France Musique).